Pioneer is currently seeking entry-level and experienced construction materials testing (CMT) technicians to join our team in Chicago, IL. This individual will participate in a wide variety of geotechnical and construction materials testing projects in residential, commercial and industrial real estate construction and development. This position will support our Geotechnical Engineering and Materials Testing Groups and will work closely with a Senior Engineer and other technical personnel. This position offers tremendous opportunities for technical and professional growth. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
Job responsibilities and qualifications include the following:
· On-site sampling of construction materials including concrete, asphalt, mortar, soils and aggregates.
· On-site soil compaction testing and bearing inspections.
· Perform construction materials testing as required using equipment and instrumentation in both the field and laboratory.
· Structural steel inspection experience a plus.
· Preparation of daily field inspection reports and communication with on-site personnel.
· Preferred Construction, Engineering, Geology, Geoscience or Architecture education and background/experience.
· 0-5 years of relevant construction materials testing experience.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact on a high-level professional basis.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service and attention to clients.
· Valid Driver’s License.